AllerClear active ingredient is Loratadine 10 mg, an original prescription strength medication approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms. AllerClear, an antihistamine, is approved to treat indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms in adults and children 6 years and over.
If you are allergic to a certain food or to a pet, total avoidance is the best strategy. Unfortunately, many allergens are not easy to eliminate. Dust mites, cockroaches, and mold are some common indoor allergens, and even if you keep your house immaculately clean, tiny particles of these substances are likely to remain. They can get into furniture, bedding, and soft toys.
Here are some tips that can help you keep your house allergy-safe:
• Limit the number of carpets in your home. It is easier to remove allergens from smooth, hard floors such as tile or wood.
• Keep out of your basement. Most basements are damp, which encourages mold growth. A dehumidifier may help as well.
• Enclose your mattress in a vinyl cover to protect against dust mites.
• Remove all cloth drapes or curtains from your bedroom and replace with blinds.
• Wash bed linens and pillows in water hotter than 130º F to kill dust mites.
• Use an air purifier with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate-arresting) filter to minimize the allergens floating in the air.
• If pet dander (skin flakes) is the cause of your child’s allergies, finding a good home for the pet might be the best solution, but if the pet is an important member of the household, this may not be an option. The next best thing is to keep the pet out of your bedroom.
• adults and children 6 years and over: 1 tablet daily; not more than 1 tablet in 24 hours
• children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor
• consumers with liver or kidney disease: ask a doctor